cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet

petel
Newcomer
I run 2 numbers on the 48 network. About 5 days ago I noticed that i no longer get my email on the hoof, only when connected to wifi.
I have checked my internet settings a dozen times (although why they should have changed is beyond me!)..still no joy. I NEED my email to function properly and save me hours of unnecessary driving. Please 48 get this resolved immediately or i shall have no alternative other than to move networks. Enough is enough!
2 REPLIES 2

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

@petel wrote:
(although why they should have changed is beyond me!)

You seem to posting from a Samsung Galaxy phone so is the problem on that phone or a similar make/model?

If so then this is a widely (globally!) reported Samsung Galaxy problem where these phones sometimes spontaneously keep losing the settings and I have never seen a failsafe solution.

This is not a 48 network issue and is Samsung's problem.

All I can suggest is that you check yet again that your settings are correct:

https://community.48months.ie/t5/Other-Help/Internet-not-working-on-HUAWEI-ASCEND-g6-u10/m-p/34493#M...

And if they stop working again then you'll have to chase up support with Samsung or whowever sold you the phone but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Other than that make sure that you're on the latest software update for the phone and maybe consider a backup, factory reset and restore to see if that helps.

As I've mentioned before I'd run a mile from Samsing and Apple phones due to the number of annoying problems that they have like this. Ones that I've never seen with many other phones including cheapo Chinese Android phones.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Did that help at all?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.