cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Losing internet settings

mmoc
Visitor
I'm constantly losing my internet settings! I have to input the settings manually! How can I stop this from happening? Please
8 REPLIES 8

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Are you by any chance using a Samsung Galaxy phone?

If so this is a common problem with these phones (worldwide and not just on 48 here in Ireland) and I have never seen a failsafe solution unfortunately.

Lots of people have reported this problem here and elsewhere but I have never seen a proper explanation of why this happens or how to avoid it.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

mmoc
Visitor
Yes it's Samsung galaxy 7, driving me crazy, seem to be constantly losing access point and have to put them in!

When things go wrong what exactly happens?

Does the APN disappear altogether?

Or does it remain but the settings are blank or incorrect?

Does anything else happen before things go wrong?

E.g. do you power off and on again?

Or does the phone update its software or anything?

Just curious if it might be possible to pin this down if you can reproduce it easily...?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

mmoc
Visitor
Sometimes it happens when I'm on Wi-Fi then when phone leaves wifi usually my data should immediately connect but like today i went to send message data was gone, I had to input manually. It sometimes happens completely randomly too! I had software update recently and it was fine, so there's no pattern.

Just to clarify - when you lose the data connection are you saying that the previously configured APN is completely gone/lost?

mmoc
Visitor
Yes, sorry not very techy.. data goes, I have to go into mobile networks and add 48 months settings, at this stage I have them written out so I can do it when I'm out! Once I add it I'm back on data! Thanks

OK - still can't see any solution but I see lots of discussion of the same or similar problems - e.g. including here on the Samsung forum where Samsung support seem to be providing little or no help to affected users:

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-Note-7/Note-7-constantly-loses-data-connection/td-p/35220

I notice that one user was told that Samsung software updates wipe some or all phone settings but software updates don't seem to explain all data connection/APN losses.

Some people reported that doing a hard reset helped.

Some claimed that the problem arises when the network signal is lost for an extended period of time.
Some people claim that toggling airplane mode on and off helps.

All in all nothing consistent and no obvious panacea unfortunately...

mmoc
Visitor
Thanks any way! I'll look at the link you showed me! Very frustrating ..