cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No phone signal in Budapest

BrianC4395
Newcomer
I am currently in Budapest for a few days. I am getting no phone signal at all. I tried turning on roaming and got nothing. I went into access points and tried putting in the settings for 48months.liffeytelecom.com . It didn't work. I getting this instead INTERNET.PROXIMUS.BE. It looks like I will have to get a tourist sim card.
10 REPLIES 10

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Unfortunately many people seem to be having problems with roaming abroad with 48 lately. There are several threads about it. Some have eventually had success but many failed to get it working. 😞

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

LancelotE3401
Visitor

Not in Budapest, but in Spain. This is my second time in Spain in last 6 months with my wife and neither of us have network signal.  Last time we were here my wife had no signal but I had a good signal for the first few days, then nothing. This time I got a good strong signal the other day that lasted about two hours then went back to "no signal".  Spent hours on to Tec team in 48, went through all the settings but still nothing.

Similar here in Grand Canaria my wife has a sigmal and I don't after trying al the suggested fixes. Disappointing especially when they say you still can roam when abroad. Help please!!

BrendanP7004
Newcomer
I too am in Spain and can’t find any service provider

RickyG7511
Newcomer

Had similar issue in Canaries and when automatic 4G was ticked I manually switched to 3G as 4G not available outside Ireland. Now on Movistar network. 

Switched to 3G but still no service. Useless. Have friend here in Spain who fell and broke her hip the other day, she's now in hospital and my wife and I have no signal to call for help etc. Why can't the 48 Tec people fix this?

BrianC4395
Newcomer
I will be moving my number away from 48.

My brother, my wife and I also need to move from 48 because of no signal in Spain. 

BrendanP7004
Newcomer
Hi there, I am going to have to move from 48, but I can’t find my account number to make the switch, any one know is it the name and surname initial followed by the 4 numbers?