mucka
Visitor
I can’t make calls or use my internet I am in Spain can you help please
10 REPLIES 10

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Are you on a Guido membership?
If not then it's simply not goint to work at all.

EU roaming only works on Guido.

You seem to be using an iPhone?

When you do a manual scan for networks can you see and connect to a local network?

If not then you may need to use this tip due to the stupid way that Apple do things.

https://community.48months.ie/t5/Most-Popular-Questions/iPhone-abroad-issue/td-p/36862

You may need to be persistent to get this working.

Toggling airplane mode on and off and then trying the reconfiguration quickly may help.

Once you get a connection to a local network and calls/texts are working you should check internet access.

If it still doesn't work then check your settings and if the APN field is not 48months.liffeytelecom.com and reboot and try again.

If it still doesn't work then you'll have to contact 48 support because this is a common problem for some users.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Did that help at all @mucka?
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

mucka
Visitor
Thanks for all your help I was on the wrong membership for roaming just had to change to Geido and all is well

How did you change to Guido if you had another membership that had not yet expired?

That is not possible.

mucka
Visitor
I was lucky my membership expired last night Ann it changed then

Ah - OK - that makes sense so.

Everything working now OK?

mucka
Visitor
Yes brilliant thanks

Great - glad you got it working.

mucka
Visitor
Hi I am having the same problem as the last time I was in Spain no signal I have an I phone 6S you told me how to fix it but I can’t remember can you help