cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming

olsie
Newcomer
Hi, I am in the Gran Canaries and I have the Guido membership. I can phone and text which is great but I cannot use my data? This has happened to me before. The network I am connected to is Movistar. Do I need to make changes to my network settings for day to work or choose another network?
Thanks for your help.
Olive
6 REPLIES 6

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
This is a common problem for some people roaming in the EU on a Guido membership.
Check you internet settings and if the APN field has changed from 48months.liffeytelecom.com then edit it, change it back to that, save the changes, reboot and see if internet/data starts working.
If it doesn't then you'll have to contact 48 support for more advice.
See the link in my signature below.

Hope this helps.
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Did that help at all @olsie?
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

olsie
Newcomer
Many thanks, that sorted my problem. Merry Christmas

Great - glad it helped @olsie.

with the 7.99 deal, 10gb of data is allowed for roaming, is this 1gb a month or can more than 1 be used per month? If only 1, can more roaming data be purchased? or borrowed from next month or the safe?

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
What do you mean 1GB per month?
It's 10GB that can be used per month while roaming in the the EU.
After that I believe that you can buy a data add-on if you need more than 10GB while roaming in the EU.
But maybe check that with 48 support just to be sure.

Hope this helps.