cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi not secure 48 app says when I try check my status

jjt
Visitor
Hi there are 3 iPhone users in my house on 48 and none of us can login to 48 when we try it says not secure internet we have not changed the internet provider is there a problem with the 48 app thanks
11 REPLIES 11

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Please describe exactly what you are doing and the verbatim message(s) that you get.

A screenshot would be ideal if possible.

Thanks.

I just tried it on my work wifi and didn't get any message like that.

I logged out of the app and logged in from scratch.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

jjt
Visitor
The certificate for this serve is invalid.
You might be connecting to a server that is pretending to be m.48months.ie which could put your confidential information at risk

This is what it says

OK - you're connecting to the mobile version of the website and not the 48 app as originally mentioned.

I get the same issue when I manually go to m.48months.com.

The certificate for this site expired two days ago so that's the problem.

I'll report it to 48 support.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

jjt
Visitor
Thanks very much
Your a great help
Much appreciated

jjt
Visitor
Hi do you happen to know how to automatically top up every month without physically doing it
Thanks

@jjt wrote:
Hi do you happen to know how to automatically top up every month without physically doing it
Thanks

Yes - see here:

https://community.48months.ie/t5/Most-Popular-Questions/Automatic-membership-renewal/td-p/32390

Hope this helps.

Did that help at all @jjt?

jjt
Visitor
Hi I'm still getting the same msg when I try and log into 48 on the app on my phone is it still not working properly
Ps I followed the link you gave me to automatically buy membership
Thanks

As I mentioned already it's probably because the certificate for m.48months.ie expired a while ago and has not been updated.

If you just type https://m.48months.ie/ into your browser address bar you will get this:

Privacy Error - Your connection is not private

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from m.48months.ie (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). Learn more

NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID

This server could not prove that it is m.48months.ie; its security certificate expired 9 days ago. This may be caused by a misconfiguration or an attacker intercepting your connection. Your computer's clock is currently set to Thursday, May 31, 2018. Does that look right? If not, you should correct your system's clock and then refresh this page.

I reported this to 48 support but haven't heard back from them about a fix yet.

Hope this helps.