cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no network, no bars on my phone

Anon
Not applicable

i am hoping that you can help me.  my 48 sim card has not been working, showing no network on my phone,  i have even ordered another sim, just incase the old sim had a problem.  

i inserted the new sim into my phone right now and it hasnt had more than 2 bars and then it would go to 1 bar and the no network.

when the 2 bars come on, its stays on for about 30 seconds then goes to 1 bar for another 30 seconds then no bars at all.  it does this every 5 mins.  so im not able to use my phone at all.

dont know what to do anymore to be honest

4 REPLIES 4

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Did it ever work OK?

If so then when did it stop working properly/reliably?

And what changed on the phone?

Any software update or settings changes?

Is roaming/data roaming enabled?

Can you scan for networks, see 48 and connect to it?

Do you ever get any error messages about connectivity?

Is the phone unlocked for use on any network?

What make and model of phone is it?

If it's an iPhone (and is unlocked) then it may require activation before it will work.

In that case you need to put some cash credit on your account to cover the cost (25c) of a UK SMS that will automatically get sent as part of the activation process.

Then switch the phone off and on again and wait for a while until it activates if necessary.

If necessary contact 48 support for more advice/assistance:

http://www.48months.ie/help#ask-a-48-agent

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Did that help at all?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Anon
Not applicable
I had your problem too. The first 3 weeks after I activated my SIM I got no 3g coverage. I downloaded Open Signal from the Play Store and it connected me to 3g. I don't have the app anymore but I have up to 5 bars in parts of the house. It also points you towards the signal so I would suggest downloading it.
First though switch your phone to accept 2g networks only. If you still don't have coverage then, either the O2 network doesn't provide coverage in your area, there is a problem with the masts nearby or your phone. I would also suggest asking other people in your area who use the O2 network what their coverage is like.
Hope this helps.

I don't see how the OpenSignal app helps at all here.

In fact I installed it and tried it and its Test option reports really poor ping times/upload speeds/download speeds even though SpeedTest (OOKLA) reports much better stats which tally with my general data usage.

OpenSignal also reports my location completely inaccurately compared to Google Maps and other apps.

Even if it lists local cell towers what use is that as you don't have any control over what you connect to as far as I can see...?