cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 38

Anon
Not applicable
Hi
I get error 38 when i try to send a txt to a particular irish mobile number. It's a message from 48months.liffeytelecom .what does it mean ?
7 REPLIES 7

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Can you post a screenshot of the error (blur out any personal details or phone numbers)?

Does it only happen with a single specific number?

Were you ever able to text to that number?

Any chance you just joined 48 and activated your SIM?
If so then turn the phone off, take the SIM out, gently clean the contacts, reinsert it, switch on again and then manually search for networks and connect to 48 and try sending the text again.

Are you 100% certain that the destination number is correct, correctly formatted (e.g. +353 87 1234567) and correctly stored in your contacts?

If the problem persists then you may need to contact 48 support about this:

http://www.48months.ie/help#ask-a-48-agent

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Anon
Not applicable
It's an old number, using sin card etc for a long time. I wonder if I'm being blocked?

What about the other questions that I asked?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Anon
Not applicable
I'll try taking out the sim etc tmro, not in the right place for that today. Only happens on 1 number which I've sent many txt to, doesn't work even when I'm replying to their txt!

You might need to contact 48 support about this so and see if they can investigate it at their end.

http://www.48months.ie/help#ask-a-48-agent

Hope this helps.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Any update?

Anon
Not applicable

THis solution has not worked - i only have th eproblem for one number

I'll ask an agent

thanks for your help