cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving my number

audrey63
Newcomer
My phone number has been pending on the website for a changeover since last night I was wondering how much linger it will take?
10 REPLIES 10

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Remember that porting office hours are not 24x7:

How do I keep my old number?

*** Please note: Number transfer hours are 8am to 6pm Mon to Fri, 10am to 4pm Sat and Sun.

But if it has been more than 2 porting/office hours since you submitted the request then you should contact support for advice as explained in the above key post.

If you submitted the request after 6pm last night then I'd suggest waiting a bit longer to see if it ports soon. If not then contact support.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

paulst
Newcomer

Hi

Similar issue for me. I am porting from Meteor. My Meteor SIM stopped working and I put in the 48 Months SIM. I got a text at 09:06 am today saying "Welcome to 48! Your account will be updated on www.48months.ie with 30 minutes. Then log in to buy your membership...."

So its 10:45 now and I still cant buy my membership.  Or am I doing something wrong?

Sounds odd. 

All I can suggest is contacting support to ask them for assistance.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Just for the record, I was able to buy my membership about 1 hour after my last post. All working fine now. 

Anon
Not applicable
Is it possible to move to 48 from a German network and retain the German number.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
No that's not possible.
Only Irish mobile numbers are portable in Ireland.
But you can get a 48 sim with a new 089 number.

Hope this helps.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
And you can reuse the phone if it's unlocked for use on any network.

Anon
Not applicable
Thanks dalyer.

I have the same problem : I received the mesage that you've written yesterday at 4:55PM and this morning I still have nothing and I can't pay membership.

I also have received a problem message about settings on my phone but I have done what is necessary and still no news... HELP !