cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is 48 Mths blocking identification codes from your bank etc?

brenda61
Newcomer

In the past it was only security codes sent by my bank to verify my identify.

However, this system of verification is being used by my bank, my credit union, my credit card and the goverment website MyGov.ie

In the past I was told it was because my bank was sending the identification code from a PREMIUM number, and 48 Months does not recognise such numbers.

Now I've been told 48 Months does not block texts from banks, so is it just me.

I need to receive these texts sending me security code numbers.  It is now a serious problem and one which remains ongoing.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?  What were you told?

I have given 48 months another 48 hours to resolve this or I will report it to RegCom

Blocking me from obtaining a text containing an identification code is most surely a breach of my rights as an Irish citizen and one that cannot be allowed to continue.

If you have had similar experience, please tell me about it?

6 REPLIES 6

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
I get all such texts ok (mygov, various online banks, other online services, work VPN provider etc.) except the ones from the credit union online banking but they don't seem to know what they're doing to be honest and this issue isn't specific to 48 with the cu.

Hope this helps.
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Just to be clear here's a list of services from whom I successfully get such security code texts...

PTSB
Irish life
Laya
VHI
E*Trade
PayPal
Google
Hotmail
Various mobile providers
DeGiro
Duo Mobile (work VPN and other login security)
Amazon

MyGovId

There are probably more that I can't think of offhand.

The only one that never worked was the CU online but their explanations of why this might be made no sense and I gave up trying to resolve it.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Thank you so much for your reply.  This leads me to think the problem might be with my phone and it's settings.

Can you suggest what I should check on my setting to ensure I can receive these texts?

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Sorry, I don't know.
I never did anything special and it has always worked on several different phones.
I don't know of any phone settings/configuration that could prevent these texts from being received.
Even the explanation (from 48?) that the reason was because they were being *sent* from a premium text number makes no sense to me.
48 don't support *sending* texts to premium SMS numbers but that's a completely separate issue.
Whoever told you that was simply wrong in my opinion.

Hope this helps.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
I can only think of two suggestions here...

(1) try your SIM in another unlocked phone and see if you get the relevant texts there

(2) check with other 48 users that you know and see if they can get such texts (which, I guess, is what you're doing here)

Hope this helps.

LaurenI0961
Visitor
Did you ever find a fix?? Im having this problem now and am getting nowhere with 48 support. Receiving regular texts fine but none with verification codes. I'm having this issue with several sources including my credit union, lyft, and NBI ( I work in broadband and use a secure SMS verification for work) this is so frustrating! Did you report to comreg? Did you get anywhere?