cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OS X Yosemite

Anon
Not applicable

Hey everyone! Just wondering there's any mac users here?
Don't worry, I'm not some apple elitist - I use my old mac air for editing videos and college assignments (I understand the power of PC :P)

Anyone update to OS X Yosemite? 
To be honest I didn't find much different! Once you get past the new appearance of things, there's nothing much different when it comes to the nitty gritty... or am I missing something 😛 
I mean they mention you can call and recieve messages now... but you could do that before using imessage and facetime on the old iOS... and finder is a little different in which you can open applications easier.

Here's a before and after of the dock - see? I don't see much different apart from that...

ftyyhmaeobzie1aktegq.png

Oh and one main (little) thing i noticed is that it no longer makes that POP POP POP noise when turning up or down the volume. Seriously...that's the main thing I noticed...

I mean it's pretty and all...but I don't think it was worth the trouble of updating, and now i'm worried that it'll make this old thing suffer - just like my old iPhone4 died after a few months of updating it to iOS7...

What y'all thinking?

5 REPLIES 5

ConorL
Regular

Hey Camsterr.

I'm a bit of an Apple aficionado.

Love them but don't actually own one. Have an iPad and a few iPods though.

I know how to use them. I have had the opportunity to use them over the years.

I really like the look of Yosemite.

I think Apple keep improving OSX for the better.

I would love to see a brand new version personally.

I tried out Windows 10 tech preview. It's a lot better than Windows 8.

It's going to be interesting to see the final version.

Conor 🙂

Anon
Not applicable
Hey Conor 😄

I wouldn't be a mad Apple fan but I certainly prefer the aesthetics of the Mac over a pc, but I'm sure some day when im rich I'll be able to afford both 😉
But you're right, Yosemite looks so much nicer and pleasing to the eye - which is something I guess 🙂
Ou you got to try windows 10 ?
To tell you the truth i don't have much experience with windows 8, I got my Mac in or around the same time it came out so I am out of the loop in terms of using it, and trying to use my sister's laptop or my moms tablet ... It's not a pretty sight. And it's NOT because I use Mac, sure I had used windows previously from 98-XP-Vista-7!
So I'm glad you're saying 10 is a lot more user friendly 🙂

Hey again Camsterr,

I just like the general clean design of Yosemite.

It's a dream in terms of HCI (Human Computer Interaction) design.

It’s so user friendly looking.

Yeah. I downloaded the Release Preview of Windows 10 and installed it onto my second HDD at the house.

It's the drive I tried Windows 8/ 8.1 on too.

I don't like Windows 8 at all, each to their own I guess.

I've used Windows since 3.1 lol. I started with Windows 95 though.

It'll be interesting to see what Microsoft do with Windows 10 in the coming months.

If you're interested in seeing opinions on it, I would recommend buying the magazine ComputerActive.

One of the writers are doing a guide on using Windows 10 at the moment.

It makes for interesting reading.

Conor 🙂

Anon
Not applicable
10.7 4 lyf.

Hey Nubus,

Never really tired OSX Lion.

Really liked snow leopard.

It'll be interesting to see what Apple come up with next.

Conor 🙂