cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Say hello + introduce yourself

Admin48
Crew (retired)
Crew (retired)

You shy? Nope didn’t think so. Own the room, say hello + introduce yourself.
I’ll kick it off.

I’m Denise, originally from Germany and I'm looking after this community as the community manager. I’m into travel + dancing (if I can spare enough time + cash) and I love spending a bit more on quality coffee (everyone needs some luxury)

But that’s enough about me. What about you? What do you spend all that cash on?

156 REPLIES 156

Hey Paul!

Well the money you put into your account is used to pay off membership. In your case the Don membership that you have selected. (as the Don costs 20 quid) . You aren't paying anything extra apart from the 20 euro for the membership (The Don).

Hope this helped !

Anon
Not applicable

Ah cool! New community, alright! Hey everyone, My name's Cait.  I hope you don't mind me jumping from coffee back to gaming 🙂 But I wish I was gaming as much as I used to. Now that I'm in Uni, only have access to an xbox. Moved into a new flat and turns out the TV has no remote 😧 So there's no way to turn the channel so I can use the xbox to play Far Cry 3 (Wooo!).  I tried to buy a universal remote but it didn't work at all! The TV's a Daewoo. Anyone know what I could do? Ya know, short of getting a new screen. 

Anywho, never had Hortons.  But ToGo Cafe has a brilliant Turkish Delight Mocha! To die for :D!

@nubus, great music. loved it! Ever doing a show in Galway sent a me a shout!

Nah it's all good. Gaming is always a good topic =D haha oh really? I'm in Uni too and i can only use my laptop but i don't mind cause it pretty much plays everything so I'd say that could be an idea if you think of getting a new one and instead of a console!! seeing as you won't be relying on finding remotes to make the computer work =P haha Well it depends on what kind of remote it is as in brand cause I just did a quick search and they had all these codes

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090525175443AAqd01u

but if you look at the brand of the remote and look it up there should be codes and there should have been codes with it too??

ToGo Cafe?? where is this i haven't heard of it? I must go there if they make a good Mocha!! =D =O

Anon
Not applicable

Yea, my laptop crapped out on me a good week or two ago. It was a tablet PC so it didn't have much in terms of storage. Though it was convenient as all get out. But yea, once I get a new laptop, I'm downloading all kinds of games! Woo! 

Oh neat!! That had a code or two more than the list provided by the actual product manual.  Gotta try those out...Thanks!

Yea ToGo was on our campus for a bit (they changed company D,,,: but the only other place I know for sure that has it is the Dublin bus station (Heuston I believe) that has the luas stop right in front of it. Oh and they make heavenly mochas. I don't know what I will do without it in my vicinity anymore :(((

Anon
Not applicable
if you're ever in limerick; i recommend Carlton's ice-mocha on Thomas St.

Anon
Not applicable

Hello can anyone help me? I just got my 48 sim and got my old number transfered, seems the transfer went well but i cant send messages i recieve them but cant send also i cant work the internet thing they dont have my phone on the list (motorola razr i) .. help anyone?

Btw you can call me rachel:)

Admin48
Crew (retired)
Crew (retired)

Good morning, Rachel 🙂 Have you tried searching for the answer? There's a big search box at the top of the main community page here: community.48months.ie I would be surprised if nothing came up for you. You'll more likely receive an answer if you ask your question in our Need Help section, btw.

What are you up to today? Hopefully you're out in the sun, not sat in an office (at least we have a/c)

@minions wrote:

Hello can anyone help me? I just got my 48 sim and got my old number transfered, seems the transfer went well but i cant send messages i recieve them but cant send also i cant work the internet thing they dont have my phone on the list (motorola razr i) .. help anyone?

Btw you can call me rachel:)

What does your online account say about your membership type/status, expiry date and mobile/landline calls, texts, data and cash credit balances?

Have you tried configuring your internet/APN settings manually using one of the existing handsets as a guide or by using Tweakker APN?

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Need-Help/Internet-Settings/m-p/78#U78

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Need-Help/Internet-Settings/m-p/474#M116

If you can't get it working then you might need to log a support request to get 48 to help you:

http://help.48months.ie/requests/new

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Anon
Not applicable
Yes I have tried that I cant find anything on it and I really need my sim to work within the next three hours

Tried what?

Maybe you can address some of the questions and suggestions in my post?

And/or log a support query as I suggested but you may not get sorted in 3 hours.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.