cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't make calls, can't update payment details - confused

EilisNiT6933
Newcomer

Hi 

There was a message on my phone saying I have used up all my data and as a result of this  I cannot now call out. I am thinking that this is because I have a new bank card ( altough the card no. is the same). When I went into my account it wont let me update the card and it says a new sim is on its way to me. I don't know why that is the case. I just want to continue using what I have . I need to be able to use my phone. Please help.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Your post is a bit confusing:

There was a message on my phone saying I have used up all my data

Do you mean a text message or some other sort of message?

If you have used up your membership data allowance before the membership plan month is up and you want to continue using mobile data then you need to buy a data add-on or use Flexi Data to get more data allowance for the remainder of the membership plan month:

and as a result of this I cannot now call out

Using up your data allowance doesn't prevent you from making calls.

Your membership plan call minutes allowance is separate from your data allowance.

I am thinking that this is because I have a new bank card ( altough the card no. is the same). When I went into my account it wont let me update the card and it says a new sim is on its way to me. I don't know why that is the case.

None of this really makes sense to me.

What happens when you try to update your registered card details?

Any error messages?

A new card may have the same card number as before but a different expiry data and CVV (Card Verification Value).

It should only be saying that a new SIM is on the way if you requested a replacement:

You probably need to contact 48 support to ask them what's going on here.

See the link in my signature below or email them at support@48months.zendesk.com

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.