Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How do I use my unlimited whatsapp messaging? Do I need to turn on my data for it?

Anon
‎28-05-2016 08:47 PM

0 Likes

Re: How do I use my unlimited whatsapp messaging? Do I need to turn on my data for it?

The Legend
‎28-05-2016 11:01 PM
Yes you need data turned on and your internet/APN settings configured correctly.
Follow the instructions here to get this done:

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Need-Help/Internet/m-p/34493#M12560

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee so if you need to contact 48 support then use option 3 or the chat facility here.
Posted from Generic Android 5.1
0 Likes

Re: How do I use my unlimited whatsapp messaging? Do I need to turn on my data for it?

The Legend
‎28-05-2016 11:08 PM
Actually looks like you need an active data allowance as part of your membership or a data add-on but WhatsApp messaging will not use any of the data. This is what it says elsewhere on the site:

"*Fair usage policy applies to all texts. There are some other rules you should know too.
Find out more.
WhatsApp messaging is only available if you have data included (i.e. in your membership plan or if you buy a data add on). You will not be charged for data when you use the WhatsApp messaging service for messages via the app but if you use the voice features on WhatsApp you will incur data charges."

Hope this clarifies.

I am not a 48 employee so if you need to contact 48 support then use option 3 or the chat facility here.
0 Likes
Highlighted

The Legend
‎30-05-2016 08:26 AM
Did that help at all?

0 Likes

Announcements
Welcome to the 48Community!

To take part in the discussions or to post your own question, you'll need to register so If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so. Register now >>

While you're here, check out our "Featured Topics" below.

Our Troubleshooting Guide and Knowledgebase contain help and support articles and popular questions to help you as a 48 customer.

Order a free SIM
Earn some extra credit or cash with MatesRates!
Unlock your phone
Ask the community