cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I topped up twice

jjody75
Newcomer
Hi 48 I topped up my don membership twice and my second membership started and ended from the 9th to the tenth of December instead of the 10 of January can you amend this and turn off auto renew so I don’t have the same problem next month .
Regards
J king can you text me when sorted
2 REPLIES 2

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
If you inadvertently bought two memberships then you don't lose out as they stack to kick in one after the other.
Auto renewal shouldn't buy additional memberships until necessary - i.e. all stacked/queued memberships get used up.
But if you want to switch it off you can do so yourself via your My 48 account page on the website (not sure if you can do it via the app but at the moment you probably can't log into the app at the moment anyway due to a system fault).
If you need any unused memberships refunded then you'll need to contact 48 support.
See the link in my signature below.

Hope this helps.
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Did that help at all @jjody75?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.