cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming

emg13
Newcomer
What is happening. I am going to Spain on 24th June. Will I be able to make phone calls.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yes you can buy any membership that you want each month.

You just need to ensure that you buy a Guido membership on the membership renewal date nearest to your departure date if you want to be able to use your 48 SIM while roaming abroad in the EU.

A month on from when the Guido membership activates it expires and you can revert to Don membership.

Memberships always run for a month and cannot be terminated prematurely and replaced by a new membership.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

27 REPLIES 27

bfkthomas
Visitor
Yes, thank you for the help

Glad it helped.

You seem to be using an iPhone in which case you should also be aware of this issue when roaming:

Hope this hepls.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

bfkthomas
Visitor
After thinking about the roaming changes, I don't it is right that you can only get EU roaming on the cheapest membership, I have spent a lot of money Down through the years with 48 and it has always been with the Don membership, so just because the networks are been forced to supply the same rates for going around the EU, 48 is only giving the guido, this to me seems grossly on fair.

Maybe contact 48 support and let them know your views on this?

Hope this helps.

I agree its greed at it finest , peeps will vote with their feet and leave you .

My mate and I are moving .

dvfarrell
Visitor
I'm going to Holland on 10 of June . I have just bought the guido membership will I have calls & data roaming before 13th and will I have data on 13th and can I buy addon after 13th tks.

See here for a practically identical query:

https://community.48months.ie/t5/Memberships/Roaming/m-p/44945

Hope this helps.

Did that help at all @dvfarrell?

It gives me info I needed but ill still be left with no data or calls for half my holiday

Did you contact 48 support as I suggested in the other thread to see if they can make a special allowance for people like you (and the other person) who are in an awkward situation with regard to the membership renewal date and the date of the contract/roaming changes?

What did they say?

Hope this helps.