cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card suspended

EimearD7899
Newcomer
Hi there, I have been in Australia for the past year, I haven’t used my sim but will be returning home before Christmas, is it possible to re-join on my old number and get a replacement sim?
1 REPLY 1

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

You'll need to contact 48 support to clarify if your old account/SIM can be revived or if you need to create a new account and start from scratch. If you haven't been using your old account for more than a year then I suspect that it'll be the latter and your old number will have already been "recycled" at this stage.

Saw here:

7.2 In addition to the circumstances set out in Section 7.1 above, we may suspend (i.e. bar), restrict or end the provision of the 48 Services (in total or in part) if you choose not to purchase top up credit or make a chargeable use in respect of your Account for a period of 6 months.

7.3 Where the 48 Services are suspended because you have chosen not to purchase top up credit or make a chargeable use in respect of your Account for a period of 6 months, we will remove any credit on your Account after a further 2 months and credit will not be recoverable. Your service will then remain suspended for a further 5 months and can be reconnected at any time during this period. When the suspension period ends your service will be disconnected, this agreement will end and your number will be immediately lost.

7.4 We will try and tell you when we suspend, restrict or end your use of the 48 Services but we are not required to.

To contact 48 support see the link in my signature below or email them at support@48months.zendesk.com

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.