Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
100% helpful (1/1)
Admin48
Crew (retired)
Crew (retired)

What's a "Call Me"?

"Call me" allows you to send a free text to a friend asking them to call you back. Just text your friend's number to 50148.

For example, if your friend’s number is 0899999999, just text 0899999999 to 50148. Your friend will then receive a “Hey, call me” message from your phone.

How do they know it's from me?

The text will appear from your mobile number, not 50148, so they’ll know the text is from you.

Can I send it to any number?

You can send it to any Irish mobile number.

Just make sure you use one of the correct formats below:

• 08xxxxxxxx
  • +3538xxxxxxxx
  • 003538xxxxxxxx
  • 3538xxxxxxxx

Is there a maximum number of call me texts a 48 customer can send?

Yes, 100 per month.

What is Extra Life? 

We know how it is. Your plan has expired, or maybe you've run out of mobile minutes and desperately need to make an all important call. Don’t panic! Extra Life is 10 mobile minutes when you need it most for just €1.  

And because we know you're good for it, we'll let you pay us the €1 the next time you shop with 48. It really is that easy! 

Am I eligible? 

You are eligible if you meet the follow criteria:

1. If you have an active current plan and no remaining mobile minutes OR your plan has expired within the past 30 days.
  2. You have no other 48 Extra Life charge outstanding.
  3. You have been a 48 customer for at least one plan cycle.

If you meet these criteria, you can take advantage of the 48 Extra Life.

How do I get it? 

Simply text “Extra Life” to 1745 and the 10 talk time overdraft will be added to your account immediately. 

How can I pay for it? 

You don’t have to pay us until your next purchase with 48. The €1 will be automatically added to your shopping cart and will be payable at check out.

What if my plan has expired? Can I still get an Extra Life? 

Yes, but only if your plan has expired within the last 30 days. 

How long will it last? 

It will last for a full month, or when you use all 10 minutes. Whichever happens first. 

Can I use it to call landlines? 

No, Extra Life can only be used to call mobile operators in Ireland. You cannot use the Extra Life for landline calls, texts, or internet. 

I didn’t receive my confirmation text, what should I do? 

There may be a delay with the text delivery but if it hasn't come through after 30 minutes, then get in touch with 48 Customer Care, here.

Got a problem?

We've got a bunch of extremely knowledgeable people on our community, so it's the best place to find more information and receive a little help. Give it a try!

Was this article helpful? Yes No
Version history
Last update:
‎30-05-2023 11:33 AM
Updated by: