Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

I forgot my PIN code

[ Edited ]
Crew Member
‎20-08-2013 04:40 PM

So you’ve forgotten your PIN code? Don't worry, we'll sort it out.

First thing's first, do you still have the packaging that your SIM card came in?

Yes - great! Your PIN will be printed on both the credit card shaped plastic and the booklet it's attached to. Remember, it's PIN1 that you're looking for.

No - read on then...

Since we don't keep your PIN code on file as you can change it, you'll need to sign into your 48 account and click on my details to find your 8 digit PUK code. 

Once you have your PUK code you're going to need to block your PIN (yes, block it!)

So just enter your PIN wrong 3 times and when it asks for your PUK just pop it in and you'll be back up and running.

If you try the PUK 3 times and it does not work then get in touch with the care crew here.

You get up to 10 tries and after that the SIM will not longer work so be careful.  If you have tried too many times then you'll need to order a brand new SIM card here.

Any other problems, give the care crew a shout at here.

7 Likes

Announcements
Welcome to the 48Community!

To take part in the discussions or to post your own question, you'll need to register so If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so. Register now >>

While you're here, check out our "Featured Topics" below.

Our Troubleshooting Guide and Knowledgebase contain help and support articles and popular questions to help you as a 48 customer.

Order a free SIM
Earn some extra credit or cash with MatesRates!
Unlock your phone
Ask the community