cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accidently ordered replacement sim and sim is now locked

Anon
Not applicable

I ordered a new Nano Sim for my new iPhone 5s that will arrive next week. But you sent out a regular Micro Sim.

So today I went to order a Nano Sim and accidently filled out the Replace Sim form and now my phone won't make calls!

How do I fix this?

EDIT: Have raised a ticket!

12 REPLIES 12

1amcn
Rock Star

Hi jasonbbutler

The 48 Support team will sort that for you.

🙂

Anon
Not applicable

Still can't make or recieve calls!

Did you get your replacement nano SIM?

If so are you saying that it doesn't work?

Have you contacted 48 support for assitance?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Anon
Not applicable
I wasn't clear enough.

I have an iPhone 4. I've ordered a new iPhone 5s. Won't arrive until next week but in preparation I ordered a Nano Sim. When a regular Micro Sim arrived instead I went to order again a Nano Sim. I was still logged in to 48months.ie so the process deactivated my current Sim. Leaving me without any phone service. The 48 FAQ states that when this happens the care team can reactive my Sim. 12 hours later still no service!

So you contacted 48 support asking them to reactivate your "current" SIM but nothing has happened so far?

How much of the 12 hours was "office hours"?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Anon
Not applicable
I've been told twice that my current Sim can't be reactivated even though the FAQ states that in these exact circumstances it can. This happened at 11am this morning. All because I tried to order a sim whilst logged in!

Anon
Not applicable

Still no service!!!

Which FAQ says that a disabled SIM can be reactivated?

Did you get your second replacement SIM yet?

Anon
Not applicable

I ordered a new SIM but my old one has stopped working

When you order a replacement SIM it automatically blocks your old SIM.

Not to worry though the care crew can work a bit of magic and get your service back.

Contact the care crew hereExplain what has happened and ask that they lift the suspension on your number.

Now this will mean when your new SIM does arrive you will need to contact the care crew to get it up and running again for you.  

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Most-Popular-Questions/All-you-need-to-know-about-your-SIM/m-p/12961...