cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another small Internet problem

breenomnom
Visitor

Hi guys, 

So lately I've been having a little trouble with the 3G! 

Tweakker.com always worked really well for me, it set up my internet no problem when I got my phone and joined 48 back in May. I was away on holidays in Australia over the summer, and wasn't using my 48 sim, and had to set it back up again when I came back, which I had no problem with, tweakker worked perfectly again and there was no problem.

However, since then I've noticed that I've begun to lose the network settings randomly, usually if I leave the 3G turned off for a longer period of time (like a day or so) to save battery and data. So I'm having to turn back to the tweakker configurator thing more and more often to get it back. It's happened about five or six times now since the end of August and its a bit annoying! Again, tweakker works every time, but I'd still rather not have to reinstall the network every week. 

Any ideas on what the story might be? Any help would be fantastic!

Thanks a mil,

Breda.

PS: On the Guido plan, if it helps? 🙂

3 REPLIES 3

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

What make and model of phone do you have?

I seem to recall this issue (lost internet settings) being a problem with some Samsung (Galaxy?) phones.

It's almost certainly not a 48 network issue anyway.

When you lose the settings are you sure that nothing else is changing - e.g. you are getting a software update pushed by the phone manufacturer that clears the settings?

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Yeah mine's a Samsung! Its a Galaxy Ace 3 (model GT-S7275)

No, there's been no software update notifications, nothing seems to change! 

Thanks for the help, I always manage to get it back, though I thought I might as well see if there was anyone who could help or had a similar problem! 

If you Google search you will most likely find lots of info about Samsung Galaxy phones losing the APN/internet settings. Unfortunately i have never seen a one size fits all solution and I don't know why this happens. Maybe ask 48 support in case they know more...?

How to get help

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.