cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you need to buy membership before receiving coverage?

f_e_r_g
Newcomer
I registered my sim and put it into my iPhone but it still says 'no service' ie I have no coverage. Do you need to buy membership before you are actually connected to the network?? Ps. I'm in the middle of Galway city- there is defo coverage here!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

f_e_r_g
Newcomer
It's ok solved it! All I had to do was change 'automatic' for the carrier to 'manual', wait a while and then select 48.

View solution in context

6 REPLIES 6

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

My recollection is that you can receive calls without membership but I could be wrong.

Is this thread of any relevance to you?

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Need-Help/No-Service-on-iPhone/m-p/6330

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

f_e_r_g
Newcomer
In afraid that's not my problem because I have full 3G coverage when I put in my Vodafone sim. I just don't want to buy membership and hen realise that's 10 or 20 quid down the drain.

f_e_r_g
Newcomer
It's ok solved it! All I had to do was change 'automatic' for the carrier to 'manual', wait a while and then select 48.

Glad you got sorted. Hope 48 works out well for you. 🙂

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Anon
Not applicable

How long did you have to wait after switching phone to manual? 🙂

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
You generally shouldn't need to switch to manual at all.
Just scan for networks and manually select 48 (or o2 if 48 isn't listed).
In fact even that shouldn't be necessary in most cases.
Are you getting no signal or something?
Did it ever work?