Did you mean: 

Does it cost you to use iMessage ?

aislingnagle
Visitor

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

My understanding is that it may cost 25c to get iMessage activated because it requires iTunes to send a UK text as part of the process. Once activated it should not cost you anything but note that some people have reported needing to do the activation again when they go abroad and then return to Ireland. See here and there are other threads/posts dealing with iPhone/iMessage/FaceTime activation issues and costs elsewhere that might be worth searching for.

iMessage & FaceTime Activation

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

1 REPLY 1

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

My understanding is that it may cost 25c to get iMessage activated because it requires iTunes to send a UK text as part of the process. Once activated it should not cost you anything but note that some people have reported needing to do the activation again when they go abroad and then return to Ireland. See here and there are other threads/posts dealing with iPhone/iMessage/FaceTime activation issues and costs elsewhere that might be worth searching for.

iMessage & FaceTime Activation

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.