cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downtime when switching to MicroSim ?

rochetommy
Newcomer

Hi Guys, will be changing phones in a few weeks to one requiring a MicroSim. I know about the ordering process, but am just wondering about account downtime when switching account from old to new sim. How long does the process generally take ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I don''t think so. I've switched SIMs two or three times (due to problems with SIM cards) and each time it seemed more or less instantaneous. If in doubt check with 48 support when asking them to switch you over from the old SIM to the new SIM to ensure that there will be no or minimal down time.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

4 REPLIES 4

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

To avoid any downtime don't order a replacement - order a new SIM and the follow the instructions here when you get it:

You need a new SIM?

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

I know I have to order a new sim, and when I recieve it I need to have account switched from old to new sim.  Its this account changeover stage I am specifically asking about. Is there any downtime involved ?

I don''t think so. I've switched SIMs two or three times (due to problems with SIM cards) and each time it seemed more or less instantaneous. If in doubt check with 48 support when asking them to switch you over from the old SIM to the new SIM to ensure that there will be no or minimal down time.

Hope this helps.

Thanks dalyer.    That pretty much answers the question.  Had an awful experience with another company a couple of years back,  so just looking for some reassurance with this. Thanks again.