cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropping GSM signal in cities

alex69
Visitor

Hi, am experiencing really strange issue. I live in countryside and my signal is great and stable all day long, but when I go to town my GSM signal drops to zero. No matter if I have data enabled or disabled. The phone is constantly searching for networks, when find it (sometimes doesnt for hours) tries to connect but always disconnect from it after two or three seconds, and all process goes again, still trying to connect. This is not local problem as same thing is happening in other town. Today I went to Kells (Co.Meath) and my signal was dropping really bad, however I had signal for 30% of time there and was able to use internet as well for short time = all this was happening 100 meters from GSM transmitter in center of the town! 

I have got new simcard from 48 as the first thing I would change, but no luck, still the same so far. I will be going there tomorrow again with my second phone to try with my simcard and will see how it goes.

Anybody have this problem as well?

8 REPLIES 8

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Can you try your sim in another unlocked phone and see if the same thing happens?

Hope this helps.
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Sorry I see now that you are going to try that!

Did it ever work more reliably or was it always like this?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Sorted, it was caused by faulty radio image in my phone.

My bad 🙂

thx

Ah - so you hack your phone like I do... Always a danger of problems so... Man LOL

Glad it sorted though.

Yeah, I do, I am a flashaholic Robot LOL However I have no idea how come the radio image got faulty as far as I know none of the custom roms overwrite this bit in phones... Funny was that I had to completely restock the phone. By only flashing the stock rom the problem was still there...

Am so glad it is working now. I also found much faster internet now! (I am on stock radio image and custom rom)

Screenshot_2014-12-06-03-24-10.png

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
What phone is it?
I know that with some phones that I've used flashing certain ROMs (especially usually stock ROMs) could write the RIL (radio interface layer) or carrier modem firmware.

I have OnePlus One

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
OK I was just curious (nosey! 🙂 ...