cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello. Just joined up.

djcleary
Newcomer
Hi Guys,Just joined up here. Got myself The Don for my first month to see how it goes. Only thing is I only seem to be able to get the E everywhere I go and never 3G. I'm in the Carlow area.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

1amcn
Rock Star

Hi djcleary

Out of curiosity, have you checked what kind of reception you pick up outside?

You may or may not be aware that 48, although a seprate carrier-runs off 02 Ireland Network.

What this means is, if 02 signal is poor in your area, your 48 months signal will be too.
Often 02 signal is good outdoors, yet the dreadded E appears once inside...

Im afraid this is a factor often overlooked, & not likely to change soon.

🙂

View solution in context

4 REPLIES 4

1amcn
Rock Star

Hi djcleary

Out of curiosity, have you checked what kind of reception you pick up outside?

You may or may not be aware that 48, although a seprate carrier-runs off 02 Ireland Network.

What this means is, if 02 signal is poor in your area, your 48 months signal will be too.
Often 02 signal is good outdoors, yet the dreadded E appears once inside...

Im afraid this is a factor often overlooked, & not likely to change soon.

🙂

Any chance the phone is simply configured to use 2G/EDGE only and not also 3G or better (e.g. 3G, HSPA, HSDPA, HSPA+ etc.)?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

djcleary
Newcomer
Thanks guys. Yea by the looks of it, it's on the E a lot especially inside. Oh well could be worse. Maybe it will improve. Sooner rather than later tho.

Does it ever get onto 3G/H*?

Is the phone configured to use only 2G/EDGE by any chance?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.