cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei G510-0100 Mobile Internet

eilishh123
Newcomer

Hi everyone,

I have 1GB internet and a Huawei Ascend G510-0100 phone. My mobile internet won't work. I put in the settings manually and I also sent a configuration message via tweakker but neither of them worked. I also tried the Tweakker APN App which I've seen recommended but that hasn't worked either (in fact, I can't even find the shortcut to open the app?). I have mobile data enabled but it just won't connect. 

Settings are the following:

• Name: Internet
  • APN: 48months.liffeytelecom.com
  • Proxy: Not set
  • Port: Not set
  • Username: Not set
  • Password: Not set
  • Server: Not set
  • MMSC: http://mmc1/servlets/mms
  • MMS proxy: 10.1.11.19
  • MMS port: 8080
  • MCC: 272
  • MNC: 11
  • Authentication type: PAP (I jumped between none, PAP and CHAP as I've seen that different settings may work... Turned airplane mode on/off after each switch, still no luck. Left it on PAP as that's what the tweakker config set it as.)
  • APN type: default,mms,supl
  • APN protocol: IPv4
  • APN roaming protocol: IPv4
  • APN enabled/disabled: APN enabled

Some help would be really appreciated. I hope it's just a silly simple thing that I can't see, but that doesn't seem to be the case!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

These worked for me on several phones:

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Need-Help/Internet/m-p/34493#M12560

Make sure that data roaming is enabled.

Leave Authentication type = None/not set.

Last time I checked the Tweakker APN app had disappeared from the Play Store for some reason.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

4 REPLIES 4

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

These worked for me on several phones:

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Need-Help/Internet/m-p/34493#M12560

Make sure that data roaming is enabled.

Leave Authentication type = None/not set.

Last time I checked the Tweakker APN app had disappeared from the Play Store for some reason.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

dc888
Crew (retired)
Crew (retired)

Hey Eilish

Have you also enabled data roaming?  Just ensure you have that switched on.

If it still does not work then delete any other APNs you have saved.  So you should just have the one APN below.

If it still does not work attach a few screen shots of your settings so I can have a quick look at them.

Thanks

Damian

eilishh123
Newcomer

Hi dalyer and dc888,

I checked to see if data roaming was enabled and it wasn't, so that did the job! It was indeed a simple thing. Hopefully there'll be none of those charges that my phone gave me a warning about. (I also still have my APN as *, as that thread suggested, and mobile internet is still working!)

Thanks a million! 🙂

@eilishh123 wrote:

I checked to see if data roaming was enabled and it wasn't, so that did the job!

Great - glad that sorted it.

Hopefully there'll be none of those charges that my phone gave me a warning about.

There won't be. You cannot incur additional charges on 48 for services such as this.

I also still have my APN as *, as that thread suggested

Do you mean APN type?