cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm in Germany andy phone just keep searching for a network even though I have mbership etc

Anon
Not applicable
My internet works but not the phone, I havd membership And roaming add ons etc but it just keeps searching please help
5 REPLIES 5

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Probably the same old iPhone problem that lots of other people seem to have had when roaming abroad.

iPhones may need activaton on a new network.

Make sure that you have some credit (at least 25c) and a wifi connection.

If that doesn't allow it to activate then a sync with iTunes may be needed but that's impractical for many people when abroad.

iPhones seem like a lot of hassle in situations like this unfortunately.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Anon
Not applicable
And now the adds for the Internet roaming I purchased doesn't work either, even the carrier in the settings of the iPhone doesn't come up. This is a joke , someone please help, thank you for the previous response I will try

Anon
Not applicable
I just added €1 to try and it hasn't solved the problem. It says searching and sometimes just no network, so I have Internet roaming nor phone reception on any network . There's always problems with 48

Anon
Not applicable
*NO internet roaming

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
48 don't support data roaming abroad.
You can only use wifi when available.
So the internet add-on is no use to you while abroad.
If you still can't get the phone working on a local network then you probably need to log a support request to ask 48 support for advice/assistance.

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Need-Help/How-to-get-help/td-p/4038/jump-to/first-unread-message

Unfortunately iPhones seem to be hassle in situations like this.
Never had the same problems with android.

Hope this helps.
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.