Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If I get 'the Mitch' membership will the internet work aboard

5 REPLIES 5

marionh
Crew (retired)
Crew (retired)

There is no international roaming with mobile data on 48 I'm afraid, so if you want to use internet outside of Ireland, you'll have to find a wifi hotspot.

Oh okay 🙂 but if I just get the 10 euro membership with free text and 300mins calls would I be able to use them abroad ?

Nope. If you go abroad (other than EU), your calls/texts will be taken from your credit balance, not your membership allowance. So before you go, you'll need to have active membership, and also top up your credit balance.

However, are you going to an EU country? In that case you can buy an EU roaming add-on- check the Other Call Charges page here for details and a list of all the EU countries that the add-on will work in.

Yes I'm going to spain, so do I have to buy the membership first then the add ons

Yes, if you don't have active membership at the time when you go on your holiday, buy one so it's active and also get the add-on, and you should be sorted.

I hope you have a good time in Spain! Don't hesitate to pop a post here if you have any further questions.