cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet&MMS settings for Asus Padfone S

epc
Visitor

No specific settings for this phone listed. Tried all variations of the recommended settings with no luck. No search results for this phone on the forum. Eventually found a a post (tens of pages into one of the many threads on the subject of internet settings) by someone with an LG/HTC who found putting * as the apn type worked for them. Seemed pretty random but, having tried everything else short of waiting a day or two for 48 to sort it, I figured it couldn't do any harm to try it. Restarted my phone and...SUCCESS!! I said I'd save anyone else the trouble and post here, ensuring it shows up in a search too. Hope it helps someone else 🙂

APN: 48months.liffeytelecom.com
Proxy: Not set 
Port: Not set 
Username: Not set 

Password: Not set 
Server: Not set 
MMSC: http://mmc1/servlets/mms 
MMS proxy: 10.1.11.19 
MMS port: 8080 
MCC: 272 
MNC: 11 
Authentication type: PAP 
APN type: * 

16 REPLIES 16

dc888
Crew (retired)
Crew (retired)

Hey epc

Did you get this sorted yet?  I think the problem is your APN type.  It shoud be saved as default,supl,mms so change it and try it out.

Also ensure you have data roaming switched on.

Damian

I had it sorted when I posted. No, it was setting the APN to * that sorted it for me. Once I figured that out, I posted the settings that worked so that anyone else with the same phone or similar could find the solution with a simple search, now that my post should show up as a search result. Thanks anyway. 

I wonder if the Authentication type is irrelevant?

Mine is set to None and works fine.

And I see this:

http://tamingthedroid.com/what-apn-settings-mean

"If you carrier does not require you to supply a username and password in your APN settings, this setting probably has no effect. For unknown reasons, many carriers tend to specify what you should put here anyway, even if they don't require a username or password."

Also my APN type is default,mms,supl but just default worked (for internet access anyway - didn't try MMS). My phone only allows me to select some or all of 

mms

supl

DUN

and doesn't let me edit this field to enter arbitrary settings including "*".

I've said it before but I suspect that there could be a much simpler list of settings that would work in most or all situations and with most or all devices rather than having lists and lists of settings some of which are not consistent with each other.

After all the key thing is describing the APN connection and that should be the same for all phones and operating systems?

Having a simpler list of settings (or even just one for all cases) might reduce the number of support queries about internet/APN config. This is probably by far the most common query and cause of confusion for people.

Cheers

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

hi I have a Galaxy GT-18730 and nothing seems to be working for me does anyone have any example that have worked for this phone? Thanks so much 

Email: caitlin.meehan11@gmail.com

Use these settings:

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Need-Help/Internet/m-p/34493#M12560

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Can you tell me what & where do I find this APN?

@majy15 wrote:

Can you tell me what & where do I find this APN?

Duplicate post - I replied to your other one here:

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Need-Help/internet-set-up-for-motorola/m-p/34070#M12275

Anon
Not applicable
Hi. I hav es a problem with my Internet. My signal says e for the last week. It was okay before.? My phone is s3 mini. Thanks

Do a manual scan for networks.

If you see only 2G and not also 3G networks then it's most likely that the 2G only option is enabled.

In that case you need to reenable dual 3G/2G - e.g.

System settings > Wireless & networks > Mobile networks > Network mode > GSM/WCDMA auto

or something similar.

Hope this helps.