cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with service.

Anon
Not applicable

Hi, today I received a text saying that my don membership had run out, so I topped up my account. After waiting for an hour, being unable ring or text anyone, I switched my phone off and on again, and now my phone is saying that there is no service. I then tried to use the sim in my brothers iphone 4 and had the same problem. The sim I'm using is one that I only received roughly a week ago and I can't see what could be an issue.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

What does it say on you online account about your membership status, expiry date and allowance balances?
Are you sure the text was about membership expiry and not about breaching the fair usage limits?

Did you get a replacement SIM a week ago or did you just join a week ago?

Is it an iPhone? Maybe try syncing with iTunes and have a small amount of credit on your account as sometimes iPhones need to be (re)activated on a network and the sync with iTunes may send a UK SMS which costs 25c.

You might need to contact 48 support about this.
See here:

How to get help

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

1 REPLY 1

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

What does it say on you online account about your membership status, expiry date and allowance balances?
Are you sure the text was about membership expiry and not about breaching the fair usage limits?

Did you get a replacement SIM a week ago or did you just join a week ago?

Is it an iPhone? Maybe try syncing with iTunes and have a small amount of credit on your account as sometimes iPhones need to be (re)activated on a network and the sync with iTunes may send a UK SMS which costs 25c.

You might need to contact 48 support about this.
See here:

How to get help

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.