stargazer
Newcomer

Is there a limit to the size if a text we r allowed to send with 48

**mod edited subject line**

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Not sure but I know that many messaging clients will convert "long" text messages (those that use, say, three or more SMS messages of c. 140 characters - or even fewer if accented characters etc are used) into MMS messages and MMS messages are not covered by membership/add-on allowances.

A little note about picture messaging

In some messaging clients this conversion from SMS to MMS can be switched off. But not in others.

What sort of behaviout are you seeing? If it is that a "long" message is not sending then it may be due to this sort of conversion.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

7 REPLIES 7

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Not sure but I know that many messaging clients will convert "long" text messages (those that use, say, three or more SMS messages of c. 140 characters - or even fewer if accented characters etc are used) into MMS messages and MMS messages are not covered by membership/add-on allowances.

A little note about picture messaging

In some messaging clients this conversion from SMS to MMS can be switched off. But not in others.

What sort of behaviout are you seeing? If it is that a "long" message is not sending then it may be due to this sort of conversion.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

thanks a mill.  martin

stargazer
Newcomer
A long message just wont send so yes that's probably the reason thanks

bibiche
Newcomer
Hi

bibiche
Newcomer
I top up 10 € for one month last week. since two I try to call anybody in my phone they said my membership is off please tell me what is happened cause I am tired about all this now

What sort ot topup?

Cash credit or membership?

Remember that cash credit is not the same as membership and you need membership to use any services.

What is the difference between membership and topup ...

What does your My48 page say about your current membership (if any) and end date, your current (if any) membership allowance balances and does it list any "next" membership and start date?

https://www.48months.ie/my-48

Remember also that if you use up your current membership allowances before the current membership has expired then you need to buy add-ons and not a new membership.

In that case if you buy a new membership it will "stack" to kick in when the current membership eventually expires.

It will not prematurely end the current membership and you will not have access to the new membership and its allowances until the current membership expires.

All memberships always run their full monthly course even if you have used up the membership bundled allowances.

Hope this helps.

Did that help at all?