cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving my number apple i phone 4

Anon
Not applicable

I have an i phone 4 and want to keep my old number, I know that to tranfer numbers your phone needs to be unlocked but to fully unlock my phone i have to take out my old sim card and put in my new one and sync it with I tunes, do I  do this before or after I request my number to be transfered or does it matter

I have requested my number to be transferred but its been 5 hours now and i havent received any confirmation will I put in my new sim and fully unlock my phone with i tunes ?

7 REPLIES 7

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

You can activate your iPhone with the 48 SIM before or after you port your number. It doesn't matter. Note that you may need a small amount of cash credit on your account to cover the cost of a UK SMS which iTunes may send to activate the phone on 48.

Log into your online 48 account - what number is displayed at the top of the page? If it's not your ported number and it's 5 hours since you requested the port then log a support query.

How do I keep my old number?

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Anon
Not applicable

Your reply really helped thanks, I just checked my online account and my number is coming up as the ported number but I still have no service on my phone with the 48 sim in it. Do I need to top up in order to get service or what do i do now ?

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
You should be able to get a signal and receive calls/texts even with no membership. Can you scan for and connect to 48 (or O2 if 48 I'd not listed?). Try enabling data roaming too. That is usually needed just to get a signal.
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Anon
Not applicable

Still no luck, I have checked and my carrier is coming up as 48 and I have my cellular and data roaming turned on but I still have no signal ?

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
This SIM is registered ok?
Try rebooting the phone.
Is the phone unlocked?
Have you tried syncing with iTunes?
If all comes to all you might have to log a support query to get 48 support to advise.

Hope this helps

Anon
Not applicable

I have reset my phone and synced it with itunes again, it has told me that my phone is now unlocked, I still have no service though,

I have submitted a query to 48 and theyre helping me with it too

, thank for the help

OK - not sure why that is so.

Hopefully 48 support can get you up and running soon.

Good luck.