cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Texts being sent.

Anon
Not applicable
I'm having trouble with my texting. Over the last two weeks every text I send is received 2-4 times by the recipient, after I only sent it once. Obviously, because I have all texts, this isn't much of an issue for me, but it is becoming a nuisance for others. Any help on the matter? I have an IPhone 4s if it's any relevance.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Are they regular texts or messages being sent by/via iMessage?

Just that I've seen cases if iMessages being sent more than once - Google "iphone sending text twice" or "iphone sending text more than once" etc.

If you are using iMessage one test might be to force the sending of the message as an SMS (only) and see if the recipient only gets it once. I think you log press on the send button or something like that.

If they are regular texts and are being sent more than once then you might need to contact 48 support about this and see if they can figure it out:

How to get help

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

1 REPLY 1

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Are they regular texts or messages being sent by/via iMessage?

Just that I've seen cases if iMessages being sent more than once - Google "iphone sending text twice" or "iphone sending text more than once" etc.

If you are using iMessage one test might be to force the sending of the message as an SMS (only) and see if the recipient only gets it once. I think you log press on the send button or something like that.

If they are regular texts and are being sent more than once then you might need to contact 48 support about this and see if they can figure it out:

How to get help

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.