cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New phone

jmbk
Visitor

Hi

I transferred my SIM to a new phone and into settings but mobile operators not highlighted as an option.

Phone working but only emergency calls available. Didn't ask for password.

Thanks

Janet

8 REPLIES 8

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

mobile operators not highlighted as an option

What do you mean?

Can you manually scan for networks? If so what operators do you see?

Did you enable data roaming? You need to do this.

Are you sure that the phone is unlocked for use on any network and not locked to another network?

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Hi

thanks for replying. Data roaming enabled but network operators (last option) in settings isn't highlighted so can't scan for networks,

I presume it's an Android phone?

You mean that when you go to System settings > More... > Mobile networks > Network operators (the specific "path" to this option may be different depending on the version of Android used) then the Network operators option is disabled or cannot be selected?

Not sure what you mean by "highlighted".

If this option is disabled then are you sure that the phone is unlocked for use on any network?

Where did you get the phone?

If it's new can you do a factory reset and try again?

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Hi thanks alot of the help. Going to bring back to the shop tomorrow as have tried options and still not happening,

Much appreciated

Was the phone sold as unlocked for use on any network or locked to a specific network?

Hi

I've no idea -

Hi working - followed advice again.

Thanks

So everything is working OK now?

If so great! Man Happy

What did you do different that made things work?

By the way if you need to configure your internet settings see here:

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Need-Help/internet-on-my-phone/m-p/31369#M10212

Hope this helps.