cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to 48

Anon
Not applicable
I just changed to 48 and when i am sending texts it comes up as my email address for icloud, my boyfriend recenty jointed too and the texts i receive off him are from his icloud email address
Too, why is this?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I think you're using iMessages and not SMS and that's why your Apple ID/email is used rather than your number.

I think that the link above or something similar will tell you how to configure your iPhone so that you can send regular SMS messages.

It's not a 48 problem per se.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

4 REPLIES 4

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Any use?

https://discussions.apple.com/message/23204294#23204294

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Anon
Not applicable
Did Dalyers link help?

Do you require further assistance?

Anon
Not applicable
Yes please this didnt work for me.

I think you're using iMessages and not SMS and that's why your Apple ID/email is used rather than your number.

I think that the link above or something similar will tell you how to configure your iPhone so that you can send regular SMS messages.

It's not a 48 problem per se.

Hope this helps.