cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Service

declanf28
Newcomer
my phone has said no service for a week and it has been checked by a repair shop and has been restored and seems to work on every other sim bar 48 and I have even ordered a new 48 sim with no luck can you help ?
7 REPLIES 7

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

What make and model of phone is it?

Can you try your 48 SIM in another unlocked phone to see if it works there?

When the 48 SIM is in the phone what networks do you see when you do a manual scan for networks?

Is data roaming enabled?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

It's an iPhone 5c when the shop said that they thought it was the sim I ordered a new one, put it in today and still the same problem. The manual search shows up 48, meteor, Vodafone and 3

What happens when you try to manually connect to 48?

Any error messages?

Is data roaming enabled?

One possibility is that it needs activation on 48 - a common issue with iPhones and "virtual" networks such as 48 which are not recognised straight off for some reason.

If that's the case here then you may need to put a small amount of cash credit on your account (€1 is the minimum cash credit topup) and then either sync with iTunes or (depending on what version of iOS is installed) power off and on again and maybe wait a while.

The reason for the cash credit topup is that this sort of activation involves the phone/iTunes sending a UK SMS which costs 25c.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

If I manually connect a blue tick comes up. And they're aren't any error messages. Data roaming is enabled.
I've topped up by €1 I have iOS 8.4 but I don't have my laptop with me, is there any other way to sync ?

I think with iOS 8 you don't need to sync with iTunes.

If activation is required it should be able to do it itself.

Where does the blue tick appear?

Can you post a screenshot?

If there are no errors then I would expect calls/texts to just work. 

And data if you have an allowance and your settings are configured correctly.

The tick appears beside 48 in the manual network selection. Well if I call it says call failed and if I text it says message send failure because I have no service. My data settings are correct also

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
I see.
I guess if activation doesn't just happen in the next while and things start working then you'll probably need to contact 48 support for advice.

http://www.48months.ie/help#ask-a-48-agent