cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No free calls or texts

Anon
Not applicable

Hi, I payed my membership on the 15th and I don't have free calls or texts? Could you help me out please!

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

What does your online account say about your membership status, expiry date and calls/texts/data/credit balances?

Any chance you have a current membership that still has time to run so that the membership purchased on the 15th has "stacked" and will kick in when the other one has expired? Remember that buying a membership does NOT prematurely terminate an existing membership. All memberships always run for the full month. If that is the case and you have used up your calls/texts etc. allowances on your current membership then you'll need to buy a suitable add-on to make calls/send texts until the current membership expires.

See here for more in case it helps.

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Need-Help/Membership/m-p/2610#M781

If that does not explain it then maybe log a support request to get 48 to look into your issue:

http://help.48months.ie/requests/new

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

If your latest membership expires today (i.e. 18th June) then it will expire at 23:59 tonight.

In that case one of the two "stacked" memberships will kick in at midnight.

And then the second "stacked" membership will kick in on 18th July at midnight.

If you need to make calls etc. between now and midnight then you may need a suitable add-on.

If your latest membership expired last night at 23:59 then one of your stacked memberships is already in effect now and you should be able to make calls etc. Is that the case right now?

In that case your other stacked membership will kick in on 17th July at midnight.

You should not need to buy any more memberships right now as you have membership until 17th or 18th (not clear which) of August.

Does that all add up?

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

Glad it helped - thanks for confirming that it did! 🙂 

A lot of people get a bit confused at the start by 48's membership based model! 

Hope this helps.

View solution in context

7 REPLIES 7

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

What does your online account say about your membership status, expiry date and calls/texts/data/credit balances?

Any chance you have a current membership that still has time to run so that the membership purchased on the 15th has "stacked" and will kick in when the other one has expired? Remember that buying a membership does NOT prematurely terminate an existing membership. All memberships always run for the full month. If that is the case and you have used up your calls/texts etc. allowances on your current membership then you'll need to buy a suitable add-on to make calls/send texts until the current membership expires.

See here for more in case it helps.

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Need-Help/Membership/m-p/2610#M781

If that does not explain it then maybe log a support request to get 48 to look into your issue:

http://help.48months.ie/requests/new

Hope this helps.

Anon
Not applicable

membership was renewed on the 15th for 2 months, the preious membership ended today. Will I have to buy the membership again? Thanks for the quick reply 

If your latest membership expires today (i.e. 18th June) then it will expire at 23:59 tonight.

In that case one of the two "stacked" memberships will kick in at midnight.

And then the second "stacked" membership will kick in on 18th July at midnight.

If you need to make calls etc. between now and midnight then you may need a suitable add-on.

If your latest membership expired last night at 23:59 then one of your stacked memberships is already in effect now and you should be able to make calls etc. Is that the case right now?

In that case your other stacked membership will kick in on 17th July at midnight.

You should not need to buy any more memberships right now as you have membership until 17th or 18th (not clear which) of August.

Does that all add up?

Hope this helps.

Anon
Not applicable

Thank so much that's a great help, marked the question as solved!

Glad it helped - thanks for confirming that it did! 🙂 

A lot of people get a bit confused at the start by 48's membership based model! 

Hope this helps.

Anon
Not applicable
I topped up by 10 and I can't ring or text anyone???? Why is this ??

You need membership to be able to make calls/send texts.

Did you buy membership after topping up your credit balance?

Why can’t I call or text?

Hope this helps.