cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No network or internet

jellybabybear
Newcomer

Hi bought an estar phone today and the network isn't showing up, it's put me on O2 roaming cant seem to change it, so I'm getting texts but can't reply. Internet won't work either and I've put the settings on the data page in, any help would be great 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

48 is a virtual operator (MVNO - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_virtual_network_operator) operating on the O2 network.

As such you have to enable roaming.

You may see a roaming 'R' on the signal bars but just ignore it.

When "roaming" like this there is no additional cost or impact on services - well, other than the positive one that they will actually work! Man LOL

If you don't enable it then you won't be able to use services.

Some phones/software (e.g. CyanogenMod) have an option to enable "National data roaming" which will get rid of the 'R' on the signal bars.

So if you enable roaming you can make/receive calls and send/receive texts? Yes?

What about internet access now?

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

5 REPLIES 5

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Some phones don't list 48 and you have to connect to O2 instead. That's just the way it is on some phones.

If you can receive texts but not send them then are you sure that you bought membership?

You can't send texts until you have a membership.

Can you receive calls?

Can you make calls?

What does your online account say about your membership status, expiry date and data allowance?

For internet access you also need membership and a membership or add-on data allowance.

Did you enable data roaming?

If your internet settings don't work then post the settings here for review.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Thanks, yeah membership is up to date and data roaming is on. When I go to send a text it asks me to use roaming, if I click yes then I can send calls and texts, this doesn't affect my membership does it?

48 is a virtual operator (MVNO - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_virtual_network_operator) operating on the O2 network.

As such you have to enable roaming.

You may see a roaming 'R' on the signal bars but just ignore it.

When "roaming" like this there is no additional cost or impact on services - well, other than the positive one that they will actually work! Man LOL

If you don't enable it then you won't be able to use services.

Some phones/software (e.g. CyanogenMod) have an option to enable "National data roaming" which will get rid of the 'R' on the signal bars.

So if you enable roaming you can make/receive calls and send/receive texts? Yes?

What about internet access now?

Hope this helps.

jellybabybear
Newcomer
Yep it's all working fine now, thanks a mil 🙂

Great - glad you got sorted.