cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service

conaghan92
Visitor
My signal is totally gone.. It started going last night and i turned my phone on and off and now when i woke up this morning my signal is totally gone and im restarting my phone and its still not coming back.. Please help this as i need my phone.
7 REPLIES 7

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Switch off, take the SIM out, GENTLY clean the SIM contacts, reinsert the SIM, switch on.

Any help?

Try manually searching for networks.

Do you see 48 and can you connect to it?

Any error messages?

Is data roaming enabled?

Did anything change on your phone - e.g. software update or settings changes?

Can you try your SIM in another unlocked phone?

If necessary contact 48 support for assistance:

http://www.48months.ie/help#ask-a-48-agent

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

conaghan92
Visitor
Ok i cleaned my sim didnt work then i manually searched for network but 48 doesnt even come up in the list. No there has been no software updates i only got this phone brand mew 3 weeks ago. My data roaming is still switched on but its not working as i have no signal. Ill have to try another phone

Odd - sounds like you might need a new SIM.

This (SIM failure) seems to happen from time to time for specific users and I have no idea why.

Do try it in another unlocked phone if possible and see if it works there.

If not then I guess it needs replacement.

Contact 48 support and see if they can help.

http://www.48months.ie/help#ask-a-48-agent

If you need a replacement SIM then you need to go here but it will take a few days to get one.

Need a new SIM?

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

conaghan92
Visitor
Ya i haf it in another phone and it didnt work for a little bit and then i got one bar.. So i switched it back to my phone and for a min or two i got two bars and its gone again..

conaghan92
Visitor
So its coming and going now. I was talking to a couple of friends that are on 48 too and they are having the exact same problem so it must be your network thats down..

Everything working fine for me.

And nobody else has posted about network problems so far this morning/afternoon.

Maybe it's a localised problem.

Contact 48 support as I suggested above.

Hope this helps.

Any update on this?