cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Registered on Network

Anon
Not applicable

I have been away for a few weeks and didn't renew my subscription before it expired.  Since then, I've used the Top Up function to buy €20 credit and used €10 of that to subscribe for Guido.  All of this is "logged" on the 48 website.  However, when I try making a call (or, indeed, receiving a call), I get a message saying "Not registered on network."  I've tried going onto the Search Networks function of my Samsung S3 and have not found the 48 network.  I also tried O2, but was told that the SIM could not connect to that network.  Any help would be much apprecaited.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Anon
Not applicable
You might recall that I said that I'd been away. I am mortified to admit that I still had the foreign SIM in the phone! It was only when I started to think about your suggestions that I suddenly realised my error!

View solution in context

6 REPLIES 6

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

You might need to contact 48 support about this.

How to get help

Any chance it's an iPhone?

If so you could try syncing with iTunes and see if that helps.

My recollection is that sometimes (always?) when you roam abroad with an iPhone that was working on 48 then you need to reactivate it on the network by syncing with iTunes when you get back. If this is the case you will also need at least 25c in cash credit on your account to cover the cost of the UK SMS that this process may send.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Anon
Not applicable
Many thanks for your help. In fact I have been able to sort out the problem myself. However, I do appreciate the swift response.

Just curious ... what was the problem/solution in the end?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Anon
Not applicable
You might recall that I said that I'd been away. I am mortified to admit that I still had the foreign SIM in the phone! It was only when I started to think about your suggestions that I suddenly realised my error!

Ah - OK. 

Thanks for clarifying - and being so honest! Man LOL

Can easily happen! 

Anon
Not applicable

I suspect that you're being too kind when yo suggest that it can easily happen!  However, disaster averted.  Again, many thanks.