cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One plus x not receiving some texts

karolfarrell
Newcomer
I just got a new One plus x phone and transferred sim from my iPhone. Some texts are still going to my iPhone even though I only have WiFi on it. I'm not getting these texts on my one plus phone.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Did that help at all?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

6 REPLIES 6

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

My guess is that they are actually not SMS messages but are iMessages which are coming over wifi because the iPhone has not been wiped and still contains some contact details.

Can you reset/wipe the iPhone and then see what happens or do you need to keep the iPhone as it is?

Are the messages coming from iPhone users so are more likely to be iMessages and not actual SMS texts?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

karolfarrell
Newcomer
OK, I turned off imessage on the iPhone but now I'm not receiving texts on either device

I think you probably need to deregister your number from iMessage:

https://selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage

And maybe also make sure that your friends on iPhones send you regular SMS text messages and not iMessages now that you are no longer on an iPhone.

This may follow automatically from deregistration above.

Did that help at all?

karolfarrell
Newcomer
Yes, that worked. Thanks for your help

Glad it helped.