cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oneplus 2 Internet

conors891
Visitor
My new oneplus 2 arrived last week. The internet took a bit of fidleing to get working but it worked in the end. After a day it stopped working and hasent worked since. I have entered all the setting correctly , trying slightly different variations as advised by other threads. Mobile data and dats roaming are both on. I'm out of ideas now. There is an 'R' beside my reception symbol on the top right of the screen, indicating that the phone thinks its roaming. Also when I go to select my network , 48 isn't an option. I must connect to o2. I guess this is why it thinks its roaming. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Conor
17 REPLIES 17

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

These instructions/settings work for all phones:

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Need-Help/Internet/m-p/34493#M12560

The most common problem is that APN type = default,mms,supl doesn't work and should instead be APN type = * or that the Authentication type is set and should be left blank/not set.

If you can't get your settings working then please post screenshots of your settings.

48 is a virtual network (MVNO) so some phones think that they are always roaming even when on the "home" network.

Some phones have an option to disable the roaming 'R' in these circumstances but where that's not available you just have to live with it. It does not involve any additional cost or service issues.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Screenshot_2016-02-01-11-26-00.pngScreenshot_2016-02-01-11-26-00.pngScreenshot_2016-02-01-11-25-45.png

conors891
Visitor
Thanks for your response. Above are the screen shots from my settings. Thanks, Conor

Can you try APN type = default,mms,supl?

Can you post screenshots of your data and data roaming settings too please?

Do you have a single APN defined?

I'm just not clear why the Authentication type setting is listed twice...

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

conors891
Visitor
Authentication type is not listed twice , its the overlap from my screenshots. I have tried APN type = default,mms,supl but will try again. I will post screenshots below.

Screenshot_2016-02-01-12-10-35.pngScreenshot_2016-02-01-12-10-18.png

@conors891 wrote:
Authentication type is not listed twice , its the overlap from my screenshots. I have tried APN type = default,mms,supl but will try again. I will post screenshots below.

Ah - OK.

Let me know if there's any change with APN type = default,mms,supl

Can you post a screenshot of System settings > About phone > Status > SIM status or whatever the equivalent menu path is on your phone?

I'm curious about Mobile network type and Service status.

What options are available for Preferred network type?
I just wonder if having GSM/WCDMA/LTE might be a problem as 48 does not support LTE.

I wonder if GSM/WCDMA (if available as an option) might help?

No still no change . I have deleted all other APNs so there is only one now. Thanks

Screenshot_2016-02-01-12-35-44.pngScreenshot_2016-02-01-12-35-34.png