cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PS Vita with 48 sim ?.

joner
Visitor

Hi .

I'm on the Guido package .  I cant seem to get my sim to work on my Vita . when I go to operator settings I need to put in a username and password after I put in the APN " 48months.liffeytelecom.com.

Any idea's .

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

1amcn
Rock Star
Good question!

Read below... maybe this will set you right!

Connecting via a mobile network (only on 3G/Wi-Fi models) Setting up your system to use a mobile network is done during initial setup of your system. It can also be done later by selecting the  (Network Operator) icon on the home screen. When an Internet connection is required and no saved access points are found, the Wi-Fi Settings screen appears. Select  (Close) in the upper left of the screen to close the dialog box and to connect your system to the Internet using the mobile network. You can configure your system to connect to the Internet using a mobile network without displaying the Wi-Fi settings screen when there are no saved access points nearby. Select  (Settings) > [Start] > [Network] > [Wi-Fi Settings] and remove the checkmark from the [Display Wi-Fi Settings Automatically] checkbox. The  (Network Operator) icon on the home screen might differ, depending on the model of your system.

Let me know if it gets you going!!!

🙂

View solution in context

5 REPLIES 5

1amcn
Rock Star
Good question!

Read below... maybe this will set you right!

Connecting via a mobile network (only on 3G/Wi-Fi models) Setting up your system to use a mobile network is done during initial setup of your system. It can also be done later by selecting the  (Network Operator) icon on the home screen. When an Internet connection is required and no saved access points are found, the Wi-Fi Settings screen appears. Select  (Close) in the upper left of the screen to close the dialog box and to connect your system to the Internet using the mobile network. You can configure your system to connect to the Internet using a mobile network without displaying the Wi-Fi settings screen when there are no saved access points nearby. Select  (Settings) > [Start] > [Network] > [Wi-Fi Settings] and remove the checkmark from the [Display Wi-Fi Settings Automatically] checkbox. The  (Network Operator) icon on the home screen might differ, depending on the model of your system.

Let me know if it gets you going!!!

🙂

Be aware of the terms & conditions:

Fair Use Policy/ Acceptable Use Policy

Our internet options are available for use with your 48 SIM Card in your 48 handset only. Except where expressly stated, tethering or use of the 48 handset as, or the sim in conjunction with, a modem is not allowed and may be disabled.

On the other hand, at other times 48 support staff have said that using tethering or other non handset devices is OK as long as you don't breach the fair usage internet limits (if applicable). So it's a bit unclear...!

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

1amcn
Rock Star
Hi joner

Been a bit since your query/post...

Anything worked for you?

If anything bud, we can look at you query on a 'try and see' basis !

🙂

joner
Visitor

I got it working lads.

Its the service where I am is quite bad ,especially for the internet . I'm only getting a 2g signal ,but its better than nothing.

I'm not gonna be doing anything mad with my Vita on the net ,its just to have internet when im on long journeys to browse. and keep up with the mates gaming.

Thanks for your time.Man Wink

1amcn
Rock Star
Thanks for getting back to us!

Its good information for others interested in an answer to a similer issue.

🙂