cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone service

shannid
Newcomer
I havent been able to get phone service for the past 3 days and I am unaware as to why... Any help would be great:)
9 REPLIES 9

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

You mean no signal at all or you get a signal but you cannot make/receive calls, send/receive texts etc.?

What happens when you manually scan for networks?

Can you see and connect to 48?

Any errors?

Have you tried switching off, taking the SIM out, GENTLY cleaning the SIM contacts, reinserting it and powering on again?
And then manually scanning for networks and connecting to 48?

Did anything change on your phone recently - e.g. software update, sync with iTunes (if it's an iPhone), settings changes?

Is data roaming enabled?

What does your online account say about your membership status, expiry date and allowance balances?

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Did that help at all?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

tamonion
Newcomer
I have this problem too and tried all of those solutions but none of them have worked. Is there any other way to solve it?

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Contact 48 support

http://help.48months.ie/requests/new

Hope this helps.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Did that help at all?

tamonion
Newcomer
Yes that helped. Thank you!

What was the problem/solution?

It may help others in the same situation.

tamonion
Newcomer
They said at first that it was a coverage problem in my area but then I mentioned that I couldn't get coverage when I was away (within the country) so they just switched my SIMs since I already had a spare one in the house. I have them the number of the new one and that was it. I think it was a problem with the SIM card itself but they didn't say

Ok - thanks for the update.