Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

Re: Phone unlocking service suggestions

The Legend
‎08-12-2014 06:16 PM

They seem pricey for the Huawei models that I have unlocked elsewhere.

I am not a 48 employee so if you need to contact 48 support then use option 3 or the chat facility here.
0 Likes

Anon
‎30-04-2015 03:06 PM

I was with vodafone and bought an iPhone 4 off them over 2 years ago. I unlocked the phone myself no problems. I got the iPhone 5C last week but now thats locked with vodafone too. I ordered a new micro sim which came today but I haven't activated it yet. I tried entering the last code I had to unlock the last phone but that isn't working. Any help guys?

0 Likes

[ Edited ]
The Legend
‎30-04-2015 03:15 PM

Actually make sure that the phone is locked first by putting a non 48 SIM into it.

It almost certainly is but if it happens not to be then you don't have to do anything! 

However if it is locked...

Codes for unlocking are generally not transferrable - as you found out here.

You need to get the new 5c unlocked somewhere - ideally officially by Vodafone (which may be pricey?) or failing that unofficially (e.g. online or in a phone store). 

If you do get it unlocked unofficially then be be clear on how they do this as some methods can cause problems with future updates, phone functionality etc.

If in doubt try to find somebody independent who knows about iPhones and unlocking to advise you first.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee so if you need to contact 48 support then use option 3 or the chat facility here.
1 Like

Re: Phone unlocking service suggest

Average Joe
‎15-09-2015 11:51 AM

I used Chris IT, didn't get me my code, was given no time-frame and took the best part of 2 and half months to get a refund! Can't recommend, shocking service.

0 Likes

Re: Phone unlocking service suggest

The Legend
‎15-09-2015 12:52 PM

They always seemed pricey to me.

If they are also slow or don't deliver then that's certainly not much use.

0 Likes

Average Joe
‎03-12-2018 07:37 PM

I am a 48 member. My friend damaged his Iphone. Got new phone and stayed with Vodaphone. Give me the damaged iphone . How do I unlock it to activate  new 48 sim

Peter

0 Likes

The Legend
‎03-12-2018 07:46 PM
If it's locked to Vodafone then the first step is to ask them if they can unlock it.

https://nac.vodafone.ie

Hope this helps.

Posted from Xiaomi Redmi Note 3
0 Likes

The Legend
‎03-12-2018 11:29 PM
Did that help at all @peadardearg?

Posted from Xiaomi Redmi Note 3
0 Likes

Announcements
Welcome to the 48Community!

To take part in the discussions or to post your own question, you'll need to register so If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so. Register now >>

While you're here, check out our "Featured Topics" below.

Our Troubleshooting Guide and Knowledgebase contain help and support articles and popular questions to help you as a 48 customer.

Order a free SIM
Earn some extra credit or cash with MatesRates!
Unlock your phone
Ask the community