O2

Three

emobile

Tesco mobile

www.unlock.ie

www.chris-it.ie

www.mobileunlocked.com

www.mobileunlockcodes.co.uk

See more info on these providers in the unlocking guide.

Have you used any other providers? Reply in this thread to suggest any other unlocking services you've used or heard about which are not listed above, and remember to rate the ones you've used here.

27 REPLIES 27

They seem pricey for the Huawei models that I have unlocked elsewhere.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Anon
Not applicable

I was with vodafone and bought an iPhone 4 off them over 2 years ago. I unlocked the phone myself no problems. I got the iPhone 5C last week but now thats locked with vodafone too. I ordered a new micro sim which came today but I haven't activated it yet. I tried entering the last code I had to unlock the last phone but that isn't working. Any help guys?

Actually make sure that the phone is locked first by putting a non 48 SIM into it.

It almost certainly is but if it happens not to be then you don't have to do anything! 

However if it is locked...

Codes for unlocking are generally not transferrable - as you found out here.

You need to get the new 5c unlocked somewhere - ideally officially by Vodafone (which may be pricey?) or failing that unofficially (e.g. online or in a phone store). 

If you do get it unlocked unofficially then be be clear on how they do this as some methods can cause problems with future updates, phone functionality etc.

If in doubt try to find somebody independent who knows about iPhones and unlocking to advise you first.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

paddy7443
Newcomer

I used Chris IT, didn't get me my code, was given no time-frame and took the best part of 2 and half months to get a refund! Can't recommend, shocking service.

They always seemed pricey to me.

If they are also slow or don't deliver then that's certainly not much use.

peadardearg
Newcomer

I am a 48 member. My friend damaged his Iphone. Got new phone and stayed with Vodaphone. Give me the damaged iphone . How do I unlock it to activate  new 48 sim

Peter

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
If it's locked to Vodafone then the first step is to ask them if they can unlock it.

https://nac.vodafone.ie

Hope this helps.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Did that help at all @peadardearg?