cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Put in 48 sim for 1st time... Now phone is on roaming.

Anon
Not applicable
My phone is in roaming mode since I put in my 48 sim first time. I'm definitely in Ireland, I checked!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

This sometimes happens with some phones/operating systems and is because 48 is an MVNO operating on the O2 network. Sometimes enabling the data roaming option in your phone settings gets rid of it but sometimes you just have to live with the annoying "R" on the signal bars. But don't worry - it doesn't mean anything is "wrong" or that you will incur any extra costs or anything - you won't. If you search the forum you will probably find other posts/threads about the same issue. I get it with some phones and not others. I have it on my current one and just live with it as there's nothing that I can do about it! 🙂

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

2 REPLIES 2

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

This sometimes happens with some phones/operating systems and is because 48 is an MVNO operating on the O2 network. Sometimes enabling the data roaming option in your phone settings gets rid of it but sometimes you just have to live with the annoying "R" on the signal bars. But don't worry - it doesn't mean anything is "wrong" or that you will incur any extra costs or anything - you won't. If you search the forum you will probably find other posts/threads about the same issue. I get it with some phones and not others. I have it on my current one and just live with it as there's nothing that I can do about it! 🙂

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

thanks. You have cleared things up for me.