cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replace NanoSIM ... how much disruption ?

Anon
Not applicable

I have a NanoSIM I made myself for my iPhone 5 early in 2013. I cut it with a scissors (...yeah I know) and it has worked fine. But I want to get a proper NanoSIM now.

I contacted Help and submitted a ticket, asking how to get it and how much it would disturb my use of my existing number. We all know there will be SOME outages and issues. There always are.

Despite asking twice, the help guys have completely ignored my concern and just keep sending me stock replies. One of the reason why 48 has such an abysmal reputatin among people I know in college for customer service.

Can someone tell me what to expect ?

3 REPLIES 3

1amcn
Rock Star

Hi saoir

48 have just began a new system with regards to swapping Sim or replacing a lost/stolen sim & handset.

Have a read of this:

http://community.48months.ie/t5/The-Newsroom/New-SIM-swap-process-is-live/td-p/15505/jump-to/first-u...

One of your questions is about downtime...the guide clearly states this will not be the case.

Hopefully this will cover all bases regarding your query.

🙂

Anon
Not applicable

1amcn - thanks for that.

I got my replacement sim today and just went through the registration process.  Was back in operation within the 10 minutes they promised. Excellent!!!  I was concerned it might be overnight.

Thanks for the info that the help peope should have given.

1amcn
Rock Star

Hi again saoir,

Thanks for posting, & for adding that from your experience - the new system is effective.

🙂