cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming ad on ?

joner
Visitor

Hi.

I'm off to Portugal next week . Is it just a case of purchasing the roaming ad ons and thats it ... or do I have to inform 48 that I am traveling ? .

I have read about how to purchase the ad ons...but it does not answer my question .

Thanks for your time .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

If you have cash credit and no EU roaming add-ons then the cash credit will be used to pay for outgoing and incoming calls and outgoing texts.See the Standard EU roaming charges here:

http://www.48months.ie/membership-plans/going-abroad

If you buy the EU roaming add-ons then cash credit will not be used as long as you have allowances left under the relevant add-ons. Note that with the EU roaming calls add-on incoming calls are free. See here for what the EU roaming add-ons cost and what they cover:

http://www.48months.ie/membership-plans/going-abroad

You need a membership one way or another but the membership allowances don't cover any services while abroad. You need either cash credit or the EU roaming add-ons to cover these.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

11 REPLIES 11

An update.

I just got this super fast response from Emer in 48 support.

"

Thanks for getting in touch with us about this.

Yes, as long as you have minutes left on your roaming add ons, then you should be able to all contact eachother whilst you're in Portugal.

Hope this helps!  "

Great .

Thanks for all the help ppl... I'm off on holiday on monday 😉

Thanks for posting back about that.

I was just never sure if the EU roaming calls minutes were for calls back to Ireland only or for all calls.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.